Friday, August 29, 2008

A New Day Today- The path of a sojourner...



There is a recent realization of a certain texture to the way I do things- a perceptive visual pattern to the things I make and what pleases me. For example, the way I draw portraits with pastel pencils have a certain smoothness (to me) about them. I don't know (yet) how else to describe it. The way I work at the store, or how I arrange my bookshelves, or what materials/mediums and art or music I enjoy- they all have a certain tactile quality - a texture, if you will. The concept of all this, itself has a texture- even as I try to bring it all into focus. It seems to be leading me further into the realm of sculpture- and I feel I must follow.


These next sketches, presented straight out of my sketchbook, are for a diorama (that is the best way I can describe this sculptural piece besides, well sculpture)- the working title is 'Sojourn Too' .


Here is the first sketch (sorry about the size and quality of computer images):




Here is the second sketch:

The idea of 'Sojourn Too', with all it's different elements, represents personal journey in a sometimes strange, unusual or weird lands- their strangeness seemingly fragile, with one possible entity's (my own) perception as a catalyst.
Next comes the decisions of what materials to use and how to apply them





2 comments:

Marcyanna said...

Nice!

Did you ever finish your other elephant?

Third_Chuck_from_the_sun said...

Nearly- I'll photograph & post it as soon as I am finished. Jen says, "Stop messing with it!" Ha ha!