Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Greatest Collaboration (part I)


One thing I have grown aware of as I march down the streets of life, is that I have always enjoyed collaborations. Working together with other people, artists and musicians has always been enjoyable to me. I loved making cartoons and t shirt designs with my best friend in high school; playing ideas off each other and sharing inside jokes that find their way into the art. I love playing in bands and orchestras, with each member adding a unique flavor to the beautiful end results. And recently- well nearly 12 months ago- I joined my wife in working on what I believe will be my greatest collaboration: our daughter Lillian Grace. Lil was born December 8th, 2009, a bit later than her November 29th due date but still healthy and beautiful.




Parenthood is the ultimate collaboration, in my mind. Every movement must be choreographed, all things learned be shared and support continuously given when needed. Lillian has been a dream baby: flexible, happy, healthy, seemingly adventurous and wonderfully curious. These months have flown by with surprising ease, and watching her grow is both amazing and incredible. Granted there have been times when it feels like a gigantic whirlwind, with possibilities and answers flying in all directions. Difficult to chose at some times, hard to reach at others, these possibilities have only served as ways for us to learn and grow as parents. It has been fun so far...and I'm told, by many, that it only gets better.








No comments: