Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm Standing At The Crossroads...







It has been a long time since the last post.


It's not that I don't have anything to write here- it's just making the time to do it. My pal Joe has been pestering me for a new entry for some time, so I am obliging...even if it means writing about nothing.

Actually there is something to write...to ponder: the direction of my work. I have been going over in my head all the possible directions I could take and trying to find one that stirs my need to create. The band is a great fix for my need to create, but there are down times with it as we work on the other, non-playing aspects of the music such as building it into a (hopefully) sustaining business. So that leaves me with my art, and the big question of: "What's next?"


I have dabbled in many things that interest me, but I can't seem to narrow down what my next course of action should be. I have ideas, but I am not sure if I should start and work on all ideas, or place them in an order (most important to least important). Or perhaps I should step back, try to finish any unfinished projects, or even take a break. I want to make sure that the path I choose isn't the easiest or safest one- in case I may be blocking myself out of fear of moving forward. Perhaps writing everyday might clear the channels or the noise, so I can see more clearly.

I wish to say something- share something with anyone that cares to look.


Now I need to find what that something is.

1 comment:

Harlan Lovestone said...

Do it! Your probably over thinking. I was in that spot for a long time. I'm starting to come out of it and make more art. I guess thinking about what I really wanted to do helped. Maybe interacting with some artists in your area might help too. But I remember what our teacher Aris said about painting pretty much is just the act of painting. And I suppose that goes for all art.